- Exceptional Man-management skills
- Joint Venture Management
- Opportunity Realization & FEED Process
- Accomplished senior-level negotiator
- A focussed strategic planner, across all disciplines
- A skilled entrepreneurial, culturally-sensitive problem solver with a network of valuable connections.
- A lateral thinker, capable of significant input into the formation of new strategies.
- The energy to consolidate existing operations and drive forward into new challenges
- Skilled in managing multinational organizations and securing major decisions
- Provide the critical interface with fellow members of the Senior Management Team.
- SAP – PS & PM
- Customer Orientation
- Change Management
- Team Building
- Mentoring and Nurturing
- The ability to achieve an overall excellence by personal direction and empowerment
- Risk Management & Facilitation
Project Director – UAE/CIS/Asia January 2019 – To Date
Petrofac – EPS, Sharjah
Joined to become bid Manager for OMRC II – Brunei, with the view of becoming the Project Director, should we have secured the contract. Involved in all Technical and Commercial clarifications throughout the whole bidding process.
After bid submission, I went out to Kazakhstan, to help stabilise a JV and help build relationships between client and JV Partners before moving into Brunei.
Currently seconded into Serikandi Oilfield Services – as the Contract Manger for the Engineering Design Services Contract(EDS).
This Contract is to cater for BSP and BLNG fluctuating engineering design demands in view of insufficient in-house capacity and unavailable in-house capability. To provide technically competent design resources.
Petrofac are the Technical Partner, Petrofac Scope is to provide the following – Project Management with uncompromising focus on HSSE & Quality, Delivery of world class engineering; combing scalable delivery with operating mindset and therefore maximizing Client value
Implementation of international standards, systems, processes and procedures promoting transparency and auditability
Emphasize on schedule delivery within the budget
Training and structured Knowledge transfer to local nationals to international standards
Director of Maintenance & Turnarounds/Brownfield Projects – South East Asia May 2016 – Dec 2018
KBR – Industrial Services, Abu Dhabi
- KBRs Industrial Services Business Unit is looking to provide, strategic leadership and growth to the KBR Industrial Services Turnaround & Brownfield Project business.
- The primary focus to break into new markets and expand existing ones.
- To assess changing client needs and to develop innovative solutions to address them, while introducing and implementing available and emerging technologies that differentiate KBR from its competitors.
- Set up and create a Routine Maintenance Efficiency Improvement
• Perform analysis of maintenance activities to identify and drive systematic improvements
• Perform work efficiency calculations to justify efficiency improvements
• Evaluate barrier data and make recommendations for improvement to the Business Teams
• Identify new initiatives required to meet Business Team maintenance cost goals
- Maintenance Efficiency Venture (MEV) Technology Implementation
• Responsible for identifying and implementing new maintenance technologies
• Resolve organizational barriers and drive technology penetration across organization
• Develop stewardship mechanisms to track MEV implementation progress
• Participate in field verifications of technology effectiveness of maintenance efficiency related activities
- Routine Maintenance Stewardship
• Support development of stewardship reports and present progress to organization leadership
• Perform monthly analysis on maintenance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
• Track and report benefit capture of various improvement initiatives
- Longer-term Improvements
• Develop multi-year strategic maintenance plans for specialty equipment classes as requested by Business Teams
- Engineering Support
• Interface with Engineering on support needed for maintenance efficiency
• Interface with other Maintenance Engineers from site/area to share best practices
Operations Director Nov 2014 – April 2016
Doosan Babcock Maintenance Services LLC, Abu Dhabi
- Employed with the intent of driving the Groups Business Strategy and to establish a highly effective Shutdown/Outage Services enterprise that can capture a substantial share of the outsourced Oil and Gas Shutdown.
- As Operations Director I was responsible for handling Offshore greenfield & brownfield modification projects with high CAPEX value, Leading engineering teams to deliver challenging offshore project for client ADNOC Offshore under 5 year umbrella contract for Major Project Management (MPM) services. Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering taskforce to delivery Conceptual and Detailed design for lump sum bided projects in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner. As Project Engineering Manager act as primary technical coordination interface with client to ensure that the engineering design/technical integrity are coordinated & achieved, in accordance with client processes, spec’s and standards
- Maintenance, Refurbishment, Retrofit, Revamp and Fabrication & E&I Brownfield market within the GGC Region, with a Business Goal to capture 25- 40% of available market within three years of commencement, with a revenue at 15% EBITA by FY 2017
- Following the same model outlined below, as that worked very well, and we succeeded in exceeding results.
- Determine Our Approach (Q4 2014)
- Establish appropriate legal entity – Oman & Iraq
- Mobilise a Start Up Team
- Conduct research and develop recommendations on delivery entity or entities
- Win immediate Market Share by Penetrating the established Market Segments (Shut Down / Turn Arounds / Retrofits)
- Regain the Market positioning of Doosan Babcock in the competitive environment
- Establish Customer Relationship Management by personally establishing contacts / meeting with all Senior Executives of Customers (ADNOC Group /ENOC etc)
- Develop and Execute appropriate agreements with partner(s)/Supply Chain to establish delivery entity / entities
- Conduct client research and target contracts
- Actively tender and win work
- Delivery (Q1 2015 / Q4 2015)
- Develop strategy to regain the strategic projects lost in past 3 years (ADGAS-3 years / GASCO habshan-3 years / Takreer / GASCO/Borouge- 3 years)
- Complete Agreements with Supply Chain and Implement Approved Delivery Entity / Entities
- Transition any acquired business, resources, contracts
- Continue to actively tender and win work
- Get in to niche market segment – Off Shore Business / Platform refurbishment / Valve Overhauling / E & I Shop
- Exploring the untapped market segments – Northern Emirates (Fujairah / Dubai etc)
When I joined, we had a backlog 6m AED, Q4 2014, Q1 2015, we bid and won 322m AED of work and in Q4 2016 we have executed 175m AED, then going into 2016 with a backlog of over 150m AED due to more awards.
Operations & Maintenance Manager (Consultant) Jan 2013 – Aug 2014
SPK Oil & Gas SDN Bhd, Kuala Lumpur
- SPK Oil & Gas is very young company with regards to its Oil & Gas experience/capability in Malaysia. I was taken on as a consultant with the responsibility and accountability for the development of the Operational and Maintenance strategies and associated activities, and affiliates.
- Working with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as Development Manager (JV – Project Management) and reporting to Head of Joint Venture JVM (ExxonMobil, Petrofac, Lundin, SapuraKencana, EnQuest)
- As JV Development manager am required to manage development scope for JV Production Malaysia with International Oil Companies like Lundin Petroleum and SapuraKencana Petroleum in the respectively PSC blocks. This involves managing Partners to protect PCSB’s interest in HSE, production, cost and investment’s equities. Serve as the point of contact internally and externally for development of PSC blocks, to maximise utilisation of ullage, optimise development cost, enhance economic benefit while assuring prudent Asset Integrity.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to, setting an agreed objective in 6 key areas and driving the Operational and Project Management/Control functional leadership.
- Assured Growth / Asset Management Capability
- Look at partnering options. High growth is forecast in Brunei and Malaysia on secondary reservoir recovery. Possible footprint through potential JV partner(s). Engage with engineering service provider(s) to create a ‘WIN WIN’ situation for all parties.
Operations & Maintenance
- Build on the foundations of a recent Contract. Delivery with Safely and Quality is paramount. Develop and implement Turnaround/Shutdown capability. Asset Manager in place. Delivery Assurance through the development of PDAS (Project Delivery Assurance System)
Broaden Geographic Reach
- Use the ‘Business Establishment Guidelines’ to determine priorities on Countries of entry and further development of projects. Assure the foundations are built in the right areas and are sustainable to assure delivery and financial return
Project Management Consultancy (PMC)
- Enhance capability to win Contracts with Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers. Key people with multi competencies within the team. Demonstrate delivery with those customers. Build that capability through small to medium projects.
Orion SPK (Internal JV)
- All aspects of business growth funnel into a production sharing contract capability, multi services utilising PDAS for entering into this market. Utilisation of acquisition targets to take those services to another level in Training & Competency(TED), Manpower Supply, Logistics and entry into other markets. Carry out reviews of what Orion SPK looks like going forward Monthly.
OCCMS & Orbit
- Making full use of the established structure and technology already built into the ISO 9001:2008 accredited OCCMS Service and further developing the delivery components within OCCMS and Orbit Completions Management Software. Specific emphasis on both current Greenfield and Brownfield prospects and future upcoming expectations in Brunei, Malaysia and South-East Asia in general.
Maintenance Services Director Oct 2010 – Dec 2012
Topaz Maintenance Services, Abu Dhabi
- Responsible for providing strategic, day-to-day business leadership to Topaz Maintenance Division
- Responsible for creating and driving the strategic business model for the division focussed on providing maintenance and related construction services to the oil and gas, petrochemical industries.
- Develop, build and sustain a profitable industrial maintenance business
- Assume overall P&L responsibility for the Division.
- Develop and drive the company business plan, management controls and expansion of the Industrial Maintenance Division
- Resource management including coaching and development of team
- Determine objectives regarding safety, work process consistency and best practice and implementation.
- Facilitate and manage the client relationship ensuring that site performance meets client expectations
- Manage and directly pursue new business development opportunities.
- Develop a market penetration plan through building client relationships and ensuring that Topaz was represented and selected in new maintenance contracts.
- Negotiate, review and approve the formulation of commercial and contractual terms for proposals.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships within the Topaz Group of Companies to support the overall company business plan
Uralsk Operations Manager Oct 2008 – Oct 2010
- Part of the Kazakhstan Management Team, involved in the overall strategy, resulting in operational goals and performance standards to achieve strategy
- To Be Effective in operational management and performance of the Uralsk Operation, covering:
- Performance to Customers’ requirements
- Meeting AMEC’s HSE obligations and performance targets
- Meeting technical, quality, commercial and financial targets for individual project and the overall Uralsk operations as a whole
- Nationalization Programme: – Agree with Country Manager realistic targets and lead technical delivery of nationalization targets
- Establish and implement relationships with key internal and external partners (eg EWA London, Kazakh Design Institutes, Supply Chain)
- Operational Responsibility: – Responsible for all aspects of Projects based or managed from Uralsk internally and externally
- Set Project Strategies at Bid stage
- Participate in assigning Project Managers and key Project Management Team members
- Act as Sponsor to Uralsk Projects
- Carry out monthly Project reviews to the requirements of operational excellence
- Ensure that the Uralsk operations is able to deploy project personnel to necessary competence to deliver projects
- Ensure that the Uralsk operations has the IS/IT and systems infrastructure to deliver projects
- Ensuring that the Uralsk operational and assigned assurance/functional team supports the above requirements
- Commercial Responsibility – Responsible for ultimate Commercial performance on all Uralsk projects
- Effectively contribute to securing new work through participation in the Pursuit, Tender and CRB Process
General Manager Jun 2005 – Oct 2008
Costain, Abu Dhabi
- Joined Costain in Abu Dhabi initially as the Offshore Operations Manager for all the operations in the Brownfield EPC, Shutdown and Maintenance side of the business which predominantly was Offshore on Das Island(Man Made) which consisted 4 major LNG Gas Trains this then lead to and included the business development and client relationship management for future works and repositioning of the company in the market place.
- A key aspect of this role was to turnaround a USD50M project that had gone out of control prior to me joining the company. I successfully re-established the relationship with the client, reshaped the team and method of working that led to the project being completed on time and without loss of money to the company. Once the project was clearly back under control and the contract end date in sight, he was promoted to acting General Manager then to the General Manger for Costain in the UAE
- As the General Manager, I reshaped the organisation to target a more sustainable portion of the market by bidding for a wider spread of projects in terms of size, complexity, trade content and geographical local.
- Accountable for HSE Leadership and management for all activities associated with Projects within UAE operations to ensure Health & Safety responsibilities throughout the business are adhered to and understood.
- I had to demonstrate clear and tangible leadership across all functions and projects. I was responsible for the direction of all Costain projects in the Operational context to achieve Customer satisfaction and meet EBIT targets. Align customer opportunities with the Costain Group business development processes and support key customer managers.
- I had to prepare, in consultation with the Engineering, Project Controls, and Commercial functions, all budgets and forecasts. Maintain the coherence and integrity of all Project commercial activity through the individual Project Management resources at his disposal. Accountable for all in –country Project activity, including associated sub contracts. Responsible for the direction of Project Managers to ensure that Costain operations met the requirements of the appropriate country specific legislation in relation to Health, Safety, Environment, Labour Codes and Commercial account management. I had to support the corporate business in regulatory framework adherence. Prepare the bi-weekly, monthly, and annual budget reports in alignment with the Costain regional and Costain corporate financial function.
- Provided leadership and guidance in the deployment and involvement of in country supply chain members in the execution of all Projects. Responsibility for all company personnel either directly or through delegated actions. Responsibilities were performed in accordance with Costain company policies and applicable laws and include interviewing, recruiting, selecting and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Leader of the Costain Management Team Member of the Regional Management Team Lead meetings for Costain Group internally and with customers. Participated in the negotiation of specific Project operational and commercial terms and conditions with customers in alignment with management direction.
- Prepared for engagement reviews, status meetings, and all high-level Project reporting actively promoted convergence on project implementation and execution tactics through the range of live projects within Costain Group. Continue the development of capability and competency related to Project Management within Costain Initiate, monitor, and control Project kick- off and performance reviews in alignment with the agreed audit and reporting schedule.
Senior Delivery Manager Oct 2003 – Apr 2005
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, overhaul, revamp and upgrading of a major nuclear plant across many existing assets. This involved a major Change Program and responsibility to lead the process of re-bidding the contract and to develop a transition plan to take the contract from old to new.
- The work scope included day to day operating and maintaining of the assets, including the management and execution of various revamping and upgrading projects with values of GBP500k to 2 million.
AMEC SPIE, China Dec 2002 – Oct 2003
- Responsible for the management of all operations, sales and business administration within the China business unit to ensure optimum quality services to the customers and financial return to the company. Looking after all business development activities within the area and to ensure the legal representation of the company within the area
Amec Shutdowns and Maintenance, UK, Philippines & Malaysia Oct 1999 – Dec 2002
- General Manager for new business accounts, I was responsible for establishing an operational capability at the respective locations in the UK and SE Asia. Each location had its own profit and loss account for which he was directly responsible. The performances of his business units were monitored against ASM’s SRP (Short Range Plan), which demanded high growth year on year.
- Therefore, at each new location in the UK and SE Asia, he established a permanent office, including the recruitment of all core personnel and the implementation of technical, legal and fiscal requirement, guidelines and procedures.
- During this time, I was also responsible for contributing to the Company’s Best Practice Guidelines on behalf of the area for which he was responsible.
- Key player in the development of the HSE Standards and Practices for the Company, especially the design and implementation of specific Safety Passport Schemes and Shutdown HSE Inductions for large numbers of personnel (up to 1,000 per event)
- Auto Oils BP Coryton, Project Manager 1999-1999
- ICI Polyurethanes Aniline Plant, Wilton, Project Manager 1999-1999
- STATOIL, Norway, Area Engineer 1998-1999
- DuPont Wilton, Preparation Engineer 1998-1998
- Senior Engineer Cms Rocksavage, Runcorn 1997-1998
- Acids 2 – DuPont Wilton, Senior Engineer 1997-1997
- ICI Billingham, Project Manager 1995-1997
- ICI Wilton, Project Engineer 1994-1995
- Redpath Engineering Services Ltd, Project Engineer 1992-1994
- Redpath Engineering Services Ltd, Materials Manager 1985-1992
- Press Construction Ltd/ICI/Marathon Oil/Roxby Engineering 1977-1985
- ECITB Project Management Course
- Project Management Course
- ROC Corporate Directors Training Programme
- STARS – Strategic Teamwork & Relationship Skills
- Development Course
- 5 day Managing Safety – The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- CDM Regulations
- Process Re-design
- Material Management Course
- 5 Day combined Offshore & Fire-Fighting Course
- In house – Commercial Awareness
- In house – Business Studies
- Project Control Engineering – Combined Cost & Planning