Performance driven Project Controls Manager able to manage and integrate
different stakeholders to deliver best in class cost and schedule performance
metrics. Executed complex major projects ranging from £200m to £5bn. Strong
people management experience leading teams across multiple geographies across
the world. Proven track record of working in collaboration with client,
contractors and suppliers to deliver maximum project efficiencies and savings in
terms of cost and schedule.
BP International Limited 2001-2020
Global Subsea Program Group - Project Controls Manager - Sunbury 2019-2020
- Headed a team of fourteen project controls staff across four regions Gulf of
Mexico, Azerbaijan, North Sea and Africa responsible for cost, schedule,
information and performance management of program of projects delivering
equipment and aftermarket services to all bp projects and operations
- Drove processes and performance reporting efficiencies by 30% using digital
- Implemented Aftermarket benchmarking and performance reporting system using
- Initiated collaborative sessions with One Subsea and TFMC in refreshing the
global frame agreements ensuring clear structure and processes of data
thereby significantly reducing double handling of contractual and technical
- Initiated the effort on setting up supplier performance database monitoring
time delivery of equipment leading to greater clarity in resource
- Ensured robust bid evaluation of supplier cost and schedule basis at tender
stage and performance managed delivery through the project life cycle
improved cost and schedule outcomes.
Clair Ridge Project - Project Services Manager, London, Korea, Aberdeen 2014-2019
- Led a team of twenty cost, estimating, planning, performance and information
management professionals initially in London and Korea and moving up to
for the largest offshore Hook-up, Commissioning and Start-up in the North
Eight modules on two bridge linked platforms (Topsides 56k Tonnes and
- Rebase lined the project cost and schedule establishing a realistic
target for first oil during Execute as result of fabrication yard capacity
issues in Korea.
- Facilitated cost and schedule Risk Analysis and agreed most likely outturn
highlighting the key risks to delivery
- Directed integrating the offshore construction and commissioning schedules
one reducing update turnaround times and merged the client and contractor
planning teams into one team resulting in 40% reduction in resources.
- Fostered seamless communication of the project status both internally and
externally with JV Partners.
Trinidad - Regional Project Services Manager 2009-2014
- Overseeing a team of 19 project controls team across four major Projects
- Optimized project estimates and schedules including readiness of resources
processes for the projects to progress through to the next stage.
- Developed and mentored a young team in multiple locations in Trinidad and
Houston to deliver sanction approvals for projects from Concept through to
- Collaboratively worked with the Contractor to set up an EPC contract which
helped deliver under budget and on target 1st Gas for a 5 well subsea wells
into a not normally manned Platform.
Indonesia – Rehab Project Services and Business Manager 2008 - 2009
- Multiyear program of brownfield integrity upgrades on five offshore manned
platforms in the West Java Sea $121m with a 40 day Turn Around (TAR).
- Formulated the Business Case for the Asset balancing safety and integrity of
platforms versus return on investment through several iterative scenarios.
- Demonstrated value in carrying out optimized upgrade and maintenance which
to successful sale of the Asset.
Egypt – Project Controls Manager 2001 - 2008
- Delivered three major Egypt projects from Concept Select through to
- Executed bp’s first subsea project on time and under budget from concept
through to start-up. (Taurt Project - $500million 3 Subsea Trees tied back
70km dedicated pipeline to shore). Guided the development of the Contracting
Strategy, Contractor Evaluation, negotiations of the major Contracts.
- UGDC NGL Plant, Port Said $450million. Achieved $9million of cost reduction
breaking down and negotiating the lumpsum price for piling.
- Delivered Gulf of Suez Wellhead Platform from Define through Start-up in
one year which was record for Egypt by optimizing the schedule through
contracting out the procurement to main contractor.
Earlier Career Summary
Brown & Root Energy Services
- Delivered major projects including Conoco CMS Project, bp ETAP Alliance
as Lead Cost.
- Promoted to Project Controls Manager. Implement integrated Cost and Planning
systems and improving processes and procedures on a program of projects.
HITEC A/S Shell Troll EPC Drilling Rig - Norway
- Accomplished the turn around of a project which was in financial and
difficulties by working collaboratively with the client to turn the EPC
contract to a reimbursable contract allowing the project to progress with
Shell Expro Tern Project
- Procurement Cost Consultant
Bechtel Qasim Refinery, Saudi Arabia
- Artemis Planning Engineer
- Master of Business Administration (Cranfield)
- 2.1 BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering (Surrey University)
- Managing Projects (BP) – University of Manchester:
- Agile, Scrum and Dev Ops training