- Ola has over 21 years’ experience as a senior project leader in the oil and gas with proven
track record of delivering complex projects and achieving positive results in challenging
environments. He has extensive international experience in major capital projects,
greenfield, brownfield and turnaround/shutdowns. Ola’s specialty is risk management,
executed on complex major projects ranging from $250m to $12b. A people focused individual
who collaborates with stakeholders to create optimal solutions. Empathic leader with proven
track record of delivering through others in multi‐discipline and cross functional teams.
Always curious about new way of working that delivers value to stakeholders.
- Project / Programme Planning and Execution
- Stakeholder Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Cost and Budget Management
- Engineering and Construction
- Interface Management
- Schedule and Performance Management
- Vendors and Contractors Management
- Risk Management
- Change and Transformation Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Agile Management
BP - Project Delivery Lead / Project Manager, Aberdeen 01/2017 – 12/2020
- Delivered project engineering and project management services on complex major capital
projects - both brownfield and greenfield - combined capex in excess of £250m. Took projects
through sanction (optimize to define/execute). Safe and successful delivery of projects on
schedule, under budget and achieved start-up, stay-up and ramp-up objectives set out at
project inception. (EPCC and Hanover – Vorlich Fast-Paced Tie Back; Glen Lyon FPSO defect
elimination programme etc).
- Facilitated project scope development, managed changes to scope, then ensured delivery
within the integrated project plan with detailed schedule, resource plan and budget.
- Delivered project engineering and project management deliverables (PEP, SoR, BoD, WP etc)
and ensured value was created through front‐end loading (FLD) and screening. Used data and
Quality Decision Assessment (QDA) to drive competitive advantage which resulted in on-time
project sanction and approval by stakeholders including JV partners.
- Identified and addressed key risks, opportunities and vulnerabilities to project delivering,
including development and implementation of robust mitigating action plans and
contingencies, saving the organisation approx. 10% on CAPEX.
- Set performance targets and managed project performance against these targets (HSE, quality,
schedule, budget & project deliverables). Intervening as needed to ensure they are met.
Also, managed the performance of contractors and hold then accountable for scope of work
- Developed and implemented Stakeholders engagement plan that improved collaboration and
communication across the project team and stakeholders. Maintained accurate records on
performance, deviations/concessions, and changes in scope.
- Escalated conflicts, disputes, and sub-optimal performance where appropriate in order to
promote transparency and drive resolution. Managed key contractors, site interfaces and
performance targets to ensure smooth project execution.
- Collaborated with multi-discipline and cross functional subject matter experts and
stakeholders (internal and external) to optimise business performance in the efficient
delivery of projects including operatorship transfer scope under an innovative novel
- Consistently worked to drive continuous improvement by being clear about expectations,
reviewing performance and adjusting guidelines. Identified, communicated, and shared
relevant practices, guidance documents, and lessons learned which resulted in improved
project delivery and team efficiency.
BP - Senior Project Engineer / Project Delivery Lead, UK and Singapore and Korea 04/2012 –
- Delivered project engineering and management, risk, assurance, and project governance
services on complex major EPCC capital projects and programmes - approx. $12b (Quad204 and
Claire Ridge Projects). Executed across 3 continents and 5 countries.
- Facilitated project scope development, identified, and evaluated gaps against projects and
stakeholders’ requirements. Communicated gaps and updated project scope and schedule
requirements which resulted in better KPI definitions through-out the project life cycle.
- Delivered and maintained Project Execution Plan, identified project requirements, and
ensured personnel, resources and services are contracted appropriately and in a timely
- Collaborated with internal functional team and ensured sufficient levels of project delivery
support was provided. Delivered innovative enterprise system for Operating Management
System, Project Management Controls and Risk Management including training of users, which
resulted in 30% cost savings from manual operation.
- Delivered risk, assurance, interface, and vulnerability activities including readiness
reviews and Go No Go’s that enhanced project successful outcome. Ensured that results were
communicated to Senior Management and stakeholders.
- Managed the project risk and assurance activities of vendors and contractors and ensured
that company’s objectives are implemented and achieved with regards to cost, schedule and
quality of deliverables and products.
- Chaired compliance and performance activities including reporting requirement with vendors
and contractors, ensured potential concerns and delays were addressed.
- Consistently drive continuous improvement by reviewing performance and lessons learnt which
resulted in project outcome predictability. Developed and supported a high performing team
that enhanced successful project execution.
Operators, OEMs and Engineering Consultancy Companies, UK and Overseas 2000 – 2012
- Project Manager / Project Engineer
- Managed multi discipline and cross functional team in the delivery of various Offshore and
Onshore projects both brownfield and greenfield (EPC, EPCC, Feasibility Studies, FEED, PMC,
etc) in multiple locations. Project values ranges from £50k to £50m.
- Master of Science, Advanced Technology Management, University of Wolverhampton
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, University of Ado Ekiti
- Associates Certificates, Project Management, George Washington University
- Construction Design and Management
- Prince 2
- Professional Scrum Master
- Various Engineering, Project Management and People Management Courses
- Member Institute of Engineering and Technology – IET
- Member Project Management Institute – PMI