HSE and Quality assurance.
Fleet operation and technical management:
- Fleet Dry dock strategy: Specification, call for tender; Contract block negotiation with
shipyards; Drydock follow up and completion.
- Day by day superintendent management and fleet compliance with standard and regulation.
Engineering management, Project scheduling and execution: Engineering Team Management:
- recruitment process to team day-by-day management during execution phases.
- 3D model revue organization, attendance, punch follow up and close out, reporting.
- Skids and modules design, optimization, certification, integration, installation, and
commissioning. Interface management.
- Area Layout Engineering (coordination of all discipline’s requirements).
- Systems, subsystems: definition, boundaries selection, rationalisation, according to test
Project progress control follow up and reporting.
- Doc review process, review team and doc control team management, progress reporting.
- 3D Model review management with discipline engineers, progress and close out expediting,
- Package selection and procurement follow up, expediting and reporting.
- Engineering and construction integrated level 1 to Level 4 scheduling. Progress expedition
and scheduling review, modification as needed. Progress reporting.
- Request for Quotation Preparation (specification, Datasheet, etc).
- Bid process, tendering, negotiation, and vendor selection.
- Package detail design with vendor.
- Commissioning procedure revue.
- FAT, E-FAT procedure revue, attendance in factory.
- Package receiving inspection in yard.
- Package integration at fabrication yard.
- Atshore and offshore commissioning activities.
Contractual Interfaces management: 9 years’ experience in KOREA with Korean shipyard, and local
- Interface management and coordination between all the project actors (CPY, CTR, VDR, class,
regulation authorities, etc.) located in different countries over the world. Progress
reporting to customers, suppliers, stakeholders.
- Technical Interfaces: Technical Interfaces integration and management, between different
- Brownfield and greenfield interface management, atshore and offshore. Integration of new
equipment in existing fields in production. .Maximisation of field production during
integration process by reduction of shutdown period to a minimum during installation and
start up phases.
Marine engineer (up to chief engineer)
French Merchant Marine Officer class 1 Certificate, 1997
DUT / Technologic University Certificate, 1994 (Thermodynamics and Energy based Industrial
December 2018 to date: TOTAL CULZEAN offshore North Sea.: IELD ENGINEERING / COMMISSIONING /
START UP SITE MANAGER.
- Creation and management of the offshore Engineering / Commissioning / start up team (20
engineers, lead techs, tech, etc.)
- Field Engineering, Commissioning, start-up and ramp up of utilities and topside cargo
process systems (from hook up to full production), DFDE power generation.
- Engineering of necessary solution to fix issues encountered offshore.
December 2011 to September 2018: INPEX. Ichthys FPSO project: DSME and offshore Australia: SENIOR
MARINE SYSTEMS & MACHINERY SPACES AREA ENGINEER
- Responsible for all aspects for both forward and aft machinery spaces and poop deck
integration development. Interfaces management with cargo deck, turret and LQ.
- FEED, DETAIL DESING, Construction, pre-com and com coordination with project discipline
engineers (Company, Contractor and Vendors).
- Manage 3D model reviews (Use of NAVISWORKS SIMULATE).
- FPSO Mechanical engineer and package engineer for 21 packages. Prepares/Review design
philosophies, design calculation, UFD, P&Ids, datasheets, conducts studies / reports,
prepare facility description / Operation Manual. Evaluates bids received for process and
utility packages from various suppliers, provide comments/approval; ensure selected vendors
meet technical/engineering requirements. Reviews/checks drawings and documents
- July 2010 to November 2011: Angola LNG Supply Services (JV between Total, Chevron, Sonangol,
ENI & BP) In DSME building yard (South Korea): MULTIDISCIPLINE ENGINEER (New building of
Steam and DFDE LNG vessels)
- Control of vessel’s compliance with specification, operation, regulation requirements.
- Construction follows up. FAT and commissioning, sea trial and gas trial activities. Angola
LNG Supply Services HSSE representative in DSME.
July 2009 to June 2010: Shell-shipping London: PROJECT MANAGER (LNG Fleet Operation)
- Implementation of Low Sulphur Diesel Oil Burning System on LNG vessels trading in Europe (EU
directive): Pioneer Conversion of 19 vessels of different types, ages and technology, done
in 4 location (France, Rotterdam, Spain, Singapore), in collaboration with designers,
classification societies, about 20 main suppliers.
July 2008 to June 2009: Shell-shipping London: ENGINEER SUPERINTENDENT (LNG Fleet Operation)
- Responsibility of 3 LNG carriers (Moss, Mark and NO Cargo Containment Systems).
- Management of major refits in worldwide Shipyards (Singapore, France, and Spain).
- Maintenance plan / breakdowns management, operability & reliability of the vessel.
- Management of OPEX/CAPEX and sea going crew.
August 2003 to June 2008: SOBRENA Ship Repair Yard (Brest): SHIP REPAIR PROJECT MANAGER
- In charge of more than 100 refits (10 to 12 projects a year,) Dry docks, conversion, and
- LNG carriers Membrane & Moss Rosenberg, Crude Oil Tankers, Offshore rigs and Passenger ships
(from 2 to 40 M. €. budget).
- Responsible for the Yard aspect of the contract (safety, technical, contractual, financial,
- In charge of the SHELL / SOBRENA alliance for the SHELL managed LNG fleet.
November 2001 to July 2003: Barillec SA (Brest): PROJECT MANAGER Marine Electricity/Automation
- Repair / conversion, Marine / offshore electricity and control systems
August 1997 to October 2001: Euronav SA France: MARINE ENIGINEER (up to Chief ENG)
- Mainly on steam VLCC’s and LPG carriers
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES AREAS:
- Mechanical STATIC AND ROTATING (reciprocating and rotating machinery, process compressors,
coolers/heaters, Pressure vessels, safety valves, general and auxiliary propulsion,
centrifugal/volumetric pumping system, ventilation).
- LNG production, compression and distribution systems.
- Diesel engines (2 and 4 strokes, slow and medium speed, main and auxiliaries, DFDE systems).
- Lifting equipment: (crane, gantry crane, lifting beam / pad eye), Pedestal structure design
certification, installation commissioning and load testing.
- HVAC, chilling units, Fridge production and distribution systems.
- Hydraulic HPU and consumers (motors, winches, cranes, valves).
- Steam plants and all auxiliaries (HP and LP fuel and gas fired boilers, exhaust boilers,
turbo pumps, turbo generators, Main turbine propulsions systems, educating devices, heat
recovery, thermodynamic optimization)
- Piping design, stress analyses, installation, NDT , pressure test, leak tests, (black steel,
Stainless, GRP, Cu-Ni, copper)
- Fire protection systems (Fw and Sw Hydrants, CO2, Halon, Novec, High fog, High Foam,
- Steel structure basic design engineering, conversion, repairs.
- Coating systems (Substructure externals, tank internal coating, superstructures), Surface
preparation (wet blasting, dry blasting, hydro blasting, cryogenic blasting, paint
application standard QA/QC, coating system performance tests)
- Electricity, HV and LV generation and distribution systems.
- Class rules and international standards and project rules.
- LNG process and LNG (moss, mark and NO) cargo containment systems operations, standards and
technology, dual fuel propulsion systems.